Inggris



Unit 1 I Hope Everything Is Fine
Expressions of asking and giving hope
-          Hope is want to something to happen or to be true, and usually have a good reason to think that it might. Here are the expressions.
1.      Hopefully...
2.      I hope...
3.      I expect..
4.      I am hoping..
5.      I am expecting..
6.      I was hoping...
7.      I wish...
Expressions of congratulation
-          Congratulation is something that you say want you when to congratulate someone. Here are some expressions of congratulations and their proper responses
-          Expressions of congratulations


1.      I’d be the first to congratulate you on...
2.      I’d like to congratulate you on..
3.      Please accept my warmest congratulations..
4.      May i congratulate you on...
5.      I must congratulate you..
6.      It was great to hear about..
7.      Congratulations!
8.      Congratulations on...!
9.      Congratulations, you are the best!
10.  Congratulations, i’m proud of you!
11.  Congratulations, you deserve it!
12.  Congratulations, you did it!
13.  Congratulations, i hope you will win next time.


-          Responses of congratulations


1.      It’s very good of you to say so
2.      How nice of you to say so
3.      Thank you very much for saying so
4.      I’m glad you think so
5.      Oh, it’s nothing special actually
6.      Oh, i have a lot to learn yet
7.      Oh, nothing to it, actually
8.      Oh, thank’s


Expressions of Agreement
-          Agreement is when people have the same opinion, or when they approve of or accept something.
-          Expressions of agreement


1.      I agree with you
2.      You’re right
3.      That’s true
4.      Absolutely
5.      Definitely
6.      That’s exactly
7.      You may be right
8.      You might be right
9.      I suppose you are right
10.  I see your point
11.  I know
12.  Yes
13.  I feel the same way
14.  No doubt about it
15.  My feeling exactly
16.  That’s exactly what i think
17.  I’m afraid i have to agree
18.  I hate to admit/say it but it’s true
19.  I suppose that’s right
20.  It’s true
Expressions of disagreement
1.      I disagree
2.      I don’t agree
3.      I can’t agree
4.      I don’t think so
5.      I am not sure about that
6.      I don’t know about that
7.      I am not sure if agree with you about that
8.      I wouldn’t say that
9.      I wouldn’t go as far as that
10.  I wouldn’t go so far as to say that
11.  I wish i could agree with you but..
12.  I hate to disagree with you but..
13.  I don’t mean to disagree with you but..
14.  I don’t want to argue with you but..
15.  I don’t want to start/get into an argument with you about it but..


Expressions of suggestion


-          Suggestion is an idea, plan, or action that is suggested or the act of suggesting it
-          Giving a suggestion
1.      May i suggest..?
2.      You may/might like to..?
3.      Have you considered/thought of..?
4.      Would you care to..?
5.      Why don’t we/you..?
6.      Why not..?
7.      How about..?
8.      What about..?
9.      Let’s/let me...
10.  Shall we..?
11.  I’ll tell you what. We’ll...
12.  I propose that..
13.  I propose this change..
14.  I’d like to suggest that..
15.  Why don’t you..?
16.  I have an idea.
-          Responding
1.      It sounds like a good suggestion
2.      I have no objection
3.      It is a good suggestion
4.      I think you can do that
5.      Perhaps you could
6.      Why not?
7.      You can’t be all things to all people
8.      That’s a good idea
9.      You are right
10.  Good idea
11.  You are doing too much.




Unit 2 You Should Get Up Early
Label is a small piece of paper or other material which gives information baout the thing it is fixed to. Label is a label is a piece of paper, polymer,cloth, metal, or other material affixed to a container or article on which is print legend. Example of lable
1.      Label of medicine
2.      Label of food
3.      Label of drink
Conjuction “to, in order to and so that “
a.       To
-          To + verb
-          Examples
1.      I’m going to  Ireland to visit my family
2.      I went to the post office to buy some stamps
3.      I phoned Jenny to invite her to dinner
( not I phoned Jenny for invite her to dinner)
b.      In order to
-          In order to + invinite
-          In order to + be
Subject + Predicate
ADJUNCT
NP + V
Preposition
Infinite/that-clause
The doctor operated
In order to
Save his patient’s life
That he might save his patient’s life
A patient stays
In order to
Get medical care
That s/he might get medical care
A nurse visits
In order to
Check on a patient
That s/he might check on a patient
c.       So that
-          So + that – clause
-          So that + subject
Subject + Predicate
ADJUNCT
NP + V
Preposition
That-clause
The doctor operated
so
(that)  he could save his patient’s life
A patient stays
so
(that) s/he might get medical care
A nurse visits
so
(that) s/he might check on a patient

Modal “should, must not, and have to”
a.       Should
-          Should expresses advisability a suggestion. Should is followed by a plain form verb
Should
Plain Form Verb
People should
Protect the environment. It makes good sense
We should
Select cars so that they are more fuel-efficient
We should
Use re-usable bags when shopping
-          The verb should only exists in the simple present, and present prefect forms
-          Forms of should
All persons
Present
Present perfect
Affirmative
Should
Should have
Negative
Should not, shouldn’t
Should not have, shouldn’t have
-          Examples
1.      You should stop smoking
2.      If you’d wanted to succeed, you should have worked harder at school
3.      This pullover’s got holes in it, i should get a new one

b.      Must
-          The verb must only exists in the simple present and present perfect forms. While the present form can express obligation, necessity, certainty or strong probability, the present perfect  forms only express a strongly felt opinion or supposition.
All persons
Present
Present perfect
Affirmative
Must
Must have
Negative
Must not, mustn’t
Must not have, mustn’t have
-          Examples
1.      He must be over eighty, he was born in 1930.
2.      I’ve got all the right answer, i must be the one of the winners!
3.      I can’t find my laptop, i must have left in the train.
4.      If they’re out, they mustn’t have heard the news.
c.       Have to
-          Have (to), a semi-modal, expresses necessity ( strong advisability). However, it is unlike, other modals in its uses of do as an auxiliary and its use of an infinitival complement. Negating the modal results in a different meaning from negatinfg the infinite clause.
HAVE
INFINTIVAL FORM
You have
The use other forms of transportation occasionally
You do not have
To drive.
(Not required- you decided)
You have
To not drive every day.
(required not to – don’t)
Do you have
To drive everyday?
It is necessary
To drive less

Principal tenses
Present
Present perfect
Past
Future
Affirmative
has to, have to
Has had to,have had to
Had to
Will have to
Negative
Does not have to, do not have to, doesn’t have to, don’t have to
Has not had to,
Have not had to
Did not have to, didn’t have to
Will not have to, won’t have to
Progressive or continous
Am having to. Is having to, are having to
Has been, having to, have been, having to
Was having to,
Were having to
Will be having to


Unit 3 How to Operate ATM?
Recipe is a set of instructions that describe how to prepare or make something, especially a culinary dish, including a list of what food is needed for this. It is also used in medicine or information technology ( user acceptance). A  doctor will usually begin a prescription with recipe, usually abbreviated Rx or an equivalent symbol.
Modern culinary recipes normally consists of several components
1.      The name ( and often the locale or provenance ) of dish.
2.      How much time it will take to prepare the dish.
3.      The required ingredients along with their quantities or proportions.
4.      Necessary equipment and environment needed to prepare the dish.
5.      An ordered list of preparation steps and technique.
6.      The number of servings that the recipe will provide.
7.      The texture and flavour.
8.      A photograph of finished dish.
Vocab:
1.      Self raising flour = tepung yang sudah diayak
2.      Caster sugar = gula pasir
3.      Rub = olesi
4.      Fingertips = ujung jari
5.      Lumpy = lembek, bergumpal
6.      Knot = simpul
7.      Deseeded = tanpa biji
8.      Flesh = daging ( buah )
9.      Condensed milk = susu kental manis
10.  Powder milk = susu bubuk
11.  Sauce pan = panci
12.  Dissolves = larut
13.  Jack fruit = nangka
14.  Drizzle = menaburkan
15.  Mixture = campuran
16.  Recipe = resep
17.  Flip = membalikkan
18.  Heat proof = tahan panas
19.  Stir = mengaduk
20.  Sifted = ayak



Present continous is the tens which we usse to refer to actions or events that are happening now or developing. The sentences “the children are watching television” and “the weather is getting colder” are in the present continous.
S + to be + verb
I +  am + drving
She/he/it + is + driving
We/they/you + are + driving

We use the present continous when we talk about something which is happening at the time of speaking
Example
1.      She is having a bath ( not “she has”)
2.      Are you enjoying the party?

Past continous is the grammatical used to described an action which someone was doing or an event which has happening at a particular time. It is made with “was”, or “were” and the –ing form of a verb.
S + to be + verb
S + was/were + verb
i/she/he + was + playing
we/they/you + was + playing

we use the past continous to say someone was in the middle of doing something at a certain time. The action or situation had already started before this time but hadn’t finished. Example
1.      This time last year i was living in Brazil
2.      What were you doing at 10 o’clock last night?

The past continous does not tell us whether an action was finished or not. Perhaps it was finished, perhaps not. We often use the past continous and past simple together to say that something happened in the middle of something else. Example
1.      Tom burnt his hand when he was cooking the dinner.
2.      It was raining when i got up

But to say that one thing happened after another, use the past simple. Example
1.      Yesterday evening Tom was having a bath when the phone rang. He got out the bath and answered the phone.
Compare
1.      When Tom arrived, we were having dinner ( past continous )= we had already started dinner before Tom arrived.
2.      When Tom arrived, we had dinner ( past simple ) = Tom arrived and then we had dinner.




Share:

0 komentar

Diana IX-I . Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.

Bonjour & Welcome

Comment